Friday, March 21, 2008

What Does Resurrection Day Mean to You? Part 5


The resurrection of Christ means a lot to me. We were dead in our sins until that day. Jesus bore all our sins on his back and suffered much pain to save us sinners. He bore the pain of being beaten and killed for us when He was innocent. His perfect self died innocently for us. We really deserved to die, and yet by God’s sovereign grace we were saved.

And yet some people still say that the resurrection is a false witness. If Christ was not raised, we are hopeless in our sin and our faith is worthless.

We need to have the courage of Christ and be able to walk right into Jerusalem and be prepared to die for Jesus. For that is what He did for us!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Victoria,

Wow! Your comments were very powerful!!!Could we all measure up and march right into Jerusalem to die for Jesus??? Many of the followers of Jesus did have that courage.

Victoria, I love your smile and your spirit. You are such a joy to be around. I love the fact that you and your siblings are so well schooled in what it means to be a Christian and you all have such depth of understanding of what Christ did for us. It is a wonderful testimony to everyone who are lucky enough to know you!!!

I consider myself very lucky to know you even if you beat up on me when I "blink". Love you, Love you, Love you, Meemom

The Bowes Family said...

Dear Meemom,

Thank you for the sweet comment! Without Mommy and Daddy, I would not even know about Jesus let alone about His death! I am even more thankful to have a grandmother that taught my mommy about Jesus so that she can teach me! Even when you can't win "Blink" I will still love you a lot!!! I might just let you win here and there. I love you!

Love,

Victoria

Ted and Karen said...

Victoria,

According to 3 John 1;4......
We have no greater joy than to hear that our children and children's children (that's you)are walking in the truth.

You bless our hearts.

Grammie and Papa

The Bowes Family said...

Dear Grammie and Papa,

Thank you for your sweet comment! I am truly blessed to have parents and grandparents that have taught me all about Jesus! I hope you have a good Resurrection Day!

Love,

Victoria