Saturday, March 8, 2008

The Blessing of Spring ~ Part 2

By Caroline

I love all the little chirping birds announcing spring in the cool mornings. And the mud swallows are fascinating to watch as they fly about looking for mud to make their nests.

Speaking of mud, in the warmth of the spring days, we can finally wash all the dirt off of our farm animals! While we give them a bath, it is fun to watch their offspring frolic with each other in the pastures.

Also in the springtime, there is lush green grass, tulips and daffodils popping up everywhere! Us girls like to collect the flowers and make a pretty bouquet for Mommy!

One of my favorite things to do in the springtime is go outside, lay down in the grass, and watch the clouds go by with the warm sun on my face. It is fun to make things up in my mind out of the clouds!

The spring youth fair is also something I really look forward to every year!



By Valerie

I love when it is springtime and we can play more outside when it is beautifully sunny and warm. As I am outside playing, I love seeing swallows carry grass and other items to make their nest in our birdhouses. I also love waking up to the beautiful sounds the birds make in the morning. God has made each of their chirps different and I absolutely love it.

As I watch the ospreys and hawks carry fish to our big tree outside, I am reminded of God’s abundant provisions as he makes it possible for all His creatures to eat. I also love seeing the colorful butterflies sucking nectar from the delicate daisies and daffodils. Hearing the baby goats call to their mama, I am also reminded of how God turns the brown grass into lush green grass for the animals to eat.

And I really love seeing the gorgeous tulip farms as we drive to town.

These are just a few of my favorite springtime blessings!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice comments Caroline and Valerie. As I read your writings I can almost feel that I am there with you in the beautiful setting of rural life as opposed to the hustle and bustle of an overcrowded city life. Thank goodness, it won't be long until I can enjoy it all with you... Love you oceans and oceans, Meemom

Anonymous said...

Miss Caroling and Valerie,
Your description of spring fun is very well done.

You make me feel like I am there with you laying in the grass.

I could not wait until I could run in the sun bare foot. But then I had to be careful of where I walked. If I was not careful I would get goat heat stickers in my feet. Ow they hurt!!!!!! Then you would have to run from shady spot to shady spot because the sunny spots were too hot for bare feet.

We used to pick roses for my Mom from the bushes growing in the fence around the University of Arizona football field which was across the street from our house.

I wish I were with you picking flowers for your Mom. Although going bare foot on the Bowes ranch ground might be a little messy. No goat heads but used animal food if you know what I mean.

Love you all, all the roses in the world!!!!!!!!!
Grandpa

The Bowes Family said...

Dear Meemom,

I also, wish you were here with us enjoying the springtime!!! But, I am glad you are coming soon to visit us!!!!:)

Thanks soooooooo, sooooooooooo, sooooooooooooooo, much for your sweet comment!!!

Love,
Valerie and Caroline

The Bowes Family said...

Dear Grandpa,

Thanks for the encouragment on our springtime favorites!!!!! I also, wish you were here with us picking flowers for Mommy!!!!!!!:)
And yes, running bare foot on our farm would be NOT be a good idea!!

I love you soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much!!!!!!!
Love,
Valerie, for Caroline too!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you guys live in a wonderful place! I like the sound of chirping birds too! And I bet seeing the baby animals is neat too!
Gabe :)

The Bowes Family said...

Hi Gabriel,

We sure enjoy your comments! Thanks for joining with us in our springtime thoughts!

The Bowes Bunch