Saturday, March 22, 2008

How Deep The Father's Love For Us . . .

lyrics by Stuart Townsend

How deep the Father's love for us,
How vast beyond all measure!
That He should give His only Son,
To make a wretch His treasure.

How great the pain of searing loss,
The Father turns His face away.
As wounds which mar the chosen One,
Bring many sons to glory.

Behold the Man upon a cross,
My sin upon His shoulders.
Ashamed I hear my mocking voice,
Call out among the scoffers.

It was my sin that held Him there,
Until it was accomplished.
His dying breath has brought me life,
I know that it is finished.

I will not boast in anything,
No gifts, no power, no wisdom.
But I will boast in Jesus Christ,
His death and resurrection.

Why should I gain from His reward?
I cannot give an answer.
But this I know with all my heart,
His wounds have paid my ransom.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

These words are so meaningful. Very appropraite for Easter. Thanks for sharing. Much Love, Meemom

Anonymous said...

Happy resurrection day, dear friends.
The song you shared and your entry about spring coming made me think of this verse:

3For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God. 4When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory. Colossians 3:3,4

Praise His name, Jesus is alive! He will come again as certain as spring is just around the corner with new life ready to spring up all around us.

How blessed and rich we are in Him! ;)
Love, Mrs. Eagle

The Bowes Family said...

Hi Mrs. Eagle!

Thanks for the Resurrection Day greeting and the great verse! Hope you all had a wonderful day celebrating all that Jesus has done for us!

We truly are so blessed in Him!

With love from the Bowes Bunch!