Monday, March 17, 2008

What Does Resurrection Day Mean to You?

Resurrection Sunday is one of the most extremely important and joyous occasions to me. For if Jesus died, and never rose again, I would be eternally lost in my sins. I would never be able to live eternally with our Heavenly Father.

It is amazing to me that, Jesus Christ, perfect in every way, would die on a cross 2,000 years ago, and have my name in mind when He did it. Without this wonderful love He showed me, life would be utterly worthless for us, the Gentiles. Our belief and our faith would be in vain, because there would be no way to come to Him. But by the grace, mercy and love of the Savior, I am saved from the eternal suffering that I greatly deserve. We were dead in our sins, but Jesus Christ died and rose to save us!

In the Old Testament, the Jews would present sacrifices to God to cleanse their sins. But when the Lamb of God died and rose again, that was no longer necessary. The sins of every Christian, from that very day, to many, many centuries later were put upon his shoulders as He died. Now, because of what He did for us, we need only to fervently ask His forgiveness. The perfect, holy Lamb of God died and rose again three days later, so that we, the terrible sinners might know Him.

Romans 5:7 says, “For one will hardly die for a righteous man; though perhaps for the good man someone would dare even to die.”

Jesus Christ died for the ungodly, you and me. He has saved me, though I have sinned against Him. If He died and never rose, what good would my life be? That is why I think that Resurrection Sunday is such a wonderful day to celebrate and rejoice over!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lydia,

You have been very eloquent in writing your understanding of what Jesus has done for us. Few people of your age have such in depth understanding of what Jesus really did for us.

It is amazing to me that this was God's plan even from the very beginning of all creation. He knew man would fall, and made a plan for man's redemption. I enjoyed your writing and am so proud that I do not have to worry about seeing Miss Lydia in heaven someday. Because we have the assurance that by "receiving" His gift, there will be a place prepared for us.

By looking at your picture, and reading your writings, I know that the young lady "in purple" is beautiful both inside and out. I love you so much, Meemom