Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Mommy Bowes Attempts Some Poetry . . .


For a Valentine's Day scavenger hunt!



I love you all oodles,
Way more than poodles,
Even more than my favorite treat,
My love for you just can’t be beat!


Do you know how much I love you?
More than chocolate? Yes, it’s true!
You make each day so grand,
A better life I couldn’t have planned.
God has been so good to me,
To fill my heart and home with glee.
Now come my dears with a kiss,
Because your next clue you won’t want to miss.


I am so blessed,
Here in my nest.
With seven cutie-pies,
Oh, what a prize!


How do I love you?
Let me count the ways.
And while I do,
You could mix up a glaze.


When you’re in the dark,
And can’t make a spark,
My love for you will shine,
But maybe not in time.
Before you stub your toe,
You may want to know,
If it’s where it should be,
It will help you see.


Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
Your Daddy’s name is Ted,
And He has quite a view.
From above his keyboard spred,
Where he is stuck like glue.
Though with that being said,
He’d much rather be with you!


It’s here where lovely notes are played,
And beautiful things are made.
So if you find a wooden seat,
Be sure to look for something sweet.


You might want to look,
In a Book storing nook.
This is where you’ll find,
God’s love for you signed.


I love you more than Nestle,
And even more than Hershey.
Sent from heaven to me,
In my heart you’ll always be.
But where is your clue in this rhyme?
May you get it in time before the chime!


I love you my dear ones.
You make me so happy.
You’re the best daughters and sons.
Oh, I need a tissue ‘cuz I’m feeling quite sappy.


A good place to search,
Before bed Timmy does lurch.
While giggling he tries to peer,
At his “victims”, oh so near!


I love you,
Oh, yes I do,
More than Little Boy Blue,
Loves His choo-choo.


She’s Mommy’s you know,
Though Lydia doesn’t think so.
She’s so cuddly and cute,
In her white wooly suit.
But when I want to cuddle,
I love a Bowes Bunch huddle.


How do I love you?
Let me count the ways.
And while I do,
Can you start a blaze?


If you were a guest,
And needed a place to rest,
After putting down your gear,
You might lay your head here.


Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
Look for Fred,
And a little “Pooh”.


I love you,
Oh, yes I do.
More than you love this last clue,
That leads you to be through!
So please come back two by two,
Where you can put your feet up too.

2 comments:

The Blog Marm said...

Sounds like you all are going to have a great Valentine's Day! Love the poems! Thanks for sharing them...

Anonymous said...

Mommy is no slouch either when it comes to poetry. Not sure if I got all the clues but it sure sounds like fun!!!