Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Bro's Forever We'll Be


by Kyle

My bro’s name is Timothy “Whale”,
Although he’s actually as thin as a nail!
I love his smirky smile,
And when he calls me “Bro”, instead of Kyle!
Oatmeal and yogurt are his favorite foods,
Sometimes he shows many different moods.
With his light saber aglow,
He fights gallantly with his Bro.
We like to play a lot together,
Inside or outside, no matter what the weather.
When I push him in his fire truck or tractor,
How tired I get is not a factor.
Sometimes he likes to play a game,
Trying not to make a mess is a hopeless aim.
Speaking of making a mess,
Play-doh wins by far, I guess.
But that’s okay, because he’ll grow so fast,
And we won’t believe his littleness has passed.
So for now, whatever he wants to do is fine,
And I’ll look forward to when he turns nine.
Hunting, fishing, playing any sport,
Hiking, biking, games of any sort.
Oh, there’s so many fun things to do,
But being together is the clue.
I’ll love it when he sleeps in my room one day,
Then together our bedtime prayers we’ll pray.
Bro’s forever we’ll be,
I love him and he loves me.

11 comments:

Debbie said...

Kyle,

Good job on your poem!

Mrs. MacInnis

LEE said...

Hi Kyle.
I know how great it is to have a little brother. My little brother is Fooey Ralph. We argue a lot but I have a great love for him and am very proud of him. We make fun of him but he is a great person.

You show poem writing ability way beyond your years. Melvin Zwick and I have never been able to write poems.

I will go to bed tonight knowing that Timothy is in good hands. He will have a big brother that will share all sorts of skills and knowledge with him. I bet he will be a great pitcher just as you are.

Love you all sort of home runs!!!
Grandpa

The Bowes Family said...

Mrs. MacInnis,

Thank you so much for reading our blog and for the comment about my poem! I appreciate it!

It was good to see you yesterday!

Sincerely,

Kyle

The Bowes Family said...

Dear Grandpa,

Phooey Ralph is your BROTHER????? Hee, hee. Thank you so much for commenting. I love to write poems, and it is God that inspires and helps me.

Yes, it will be fun to teach Timothy lots of things. And you know that as soon as he is able (or maybe even before then) I will be helping him learn pitching, catching, batting and the fine art of sliding! That will be great!

I love YOU all sorts of home runs too!

Your loving Grandson,
Kyle

Anonymous said...

Your poem is great and shows your great love for Timothy even though he is not old enough to join you in some of the activities you enjoy. We, like you, are so happy that you have not just one bro but two bros to share your love with. Hope you will continue with your poetry because it is great. I would say it is even better than your game playing abilities. Got ya, Meemom

The Bowes Family said...

My Dear, Sweet, Loving, Quadgranny,

Your comments are extraordinary! You are such a gifted commenter! Your words are so thought out and executed so well . . . unlike your checker playing. Better keep practicing your gaming skills.

Gotcha back!

Your loving Grandson,
Kyle

LEE said...

Hey Mr. Kyle,
You are never too young to learn to slide especially if there is mud and an expert slide teacher as you are.
Me thinks that Chocolate loving Momma might have something to say about that. She might have enough washing to do now.

Loved you a gazillion strikes,
Grandpa

The Bowes Family said...

Dear Grandpa,

That was just the encouragement I needed! Fortunately, the mud has dried up a bit for now. Good thing, as I might be buying the laundry soap!

Love you more than all the baseballs in the world,

Kyle

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Kyle!
Thanks for beautifully telling us about Timothy, "Whale".
I look forward to hearing about more of your adventures together!
Is Whale his nick-name? How did he get it? I bet there's a cute story there.
Love,
Mrs. Eagle

The Bowes Family said...

Dear Mrs Eagle,

Yes, "Whale" is my bro's nickname.
How did Timmy get his odd nickname?
It all started one night when Mommy read Timmy a book called "Timothy Whale". Hearing his name in a book meant a lot to him, so now we must call him "Timothy Whale"!

Thanks for reading the blog! We love your comments!

Kyle

Anonymous said...

That's so good.