Tuesday, February 12, 2008

The Good Shepherd

Written by Lydia


The sheep always know His voice,
He calls them by name, it is His choice.
Everyday he waters and feeds them,

Gently, He leads the flock from mayhem.
Over and over He searches for the one lost,
Only He cares for the sheep, no matter what the cost.
Deny the sheep protection? No, not Him because . . .

Staying nearby, He would never leave His “balls of fuzz”!
He knows His sheep, and His sheep follow near,
Even though they may stray, each one to Him is dear.
Pen wall climbing means only a thief,
How the bandit causes such grief.
Everyday the Shepherd leads them from danger,
Recognize not, do the sheep a stranger.
Do only they know, the One born in a manger.



I Love Jesus

Written by Kyle



In His word I have a sword,

Loving me always . . .that is my Lord.
Oh, my Lord and me are peas in a pod,
Vainly Satan tries to separate me from God.
Eternally I will love Him,

Jesus loves me while I write this acronym.
Excellent and almighty is the great I AM,
Standing, the Good Shepherd watches His lamb.
Unfathomable is His grace,
So it is He, I gratefully embrace.




King of Kings

Written by Kyle

The Lord is my comfort,
He stands strong as a fort.
Eternal is He,

Kindness and patience my God shows to me.
In God I will trust,
Not falling into wordly lust.
God is so powerful,

Oh, in God I’m so thankful.
For dying on the cross,

Killed, yet rising again, giving Satan the loss.
In the cross I’ll boast,
Never ending, His love stretches from coast to coast.
God made His word,
Strong as a sword.



He First Loved Me

Written by Caroline


He loves me more than the wide open sea,
Ever faithful He will always be.

For He is my friend,
In Him I’ll forever depend.
Run to the Lord in exultation,
Shine His light beyond our nation.
Trust in the Lord,

Love God’s armor and the sword.
Oh, tell of His love,
Very majestic above.
Endless grace,
Does my heart embrace.

My Shepherd is He,
Everyday He loves me!



God’s Lovingkindness

Written by Valerie

God has been so very good,
Over my whole childhood.
Day and night He loves me,
So sovereign is He.

Lost in sin without the Lord,
Overwhelmed by His love He hath poured.
Very humbly I do pray,
In Him I want to stay.
Nothing can separate me from my Lord,
Government, nor any power, can keep me from using my sword.
Kind, He always is,
I am so grateful to be His.
No one could be so majestic as He,
Do not stray from Jesus I plea.
New mercies and compassions flow,
Everyday His love He does show.
Saving me was His choice,
Sheep that are His, follow His voice.




He First Loved Me

Written by Victoria

His love is never ending.
Every time He will forgive.

For God so loved the world.
In God I have put by trust.
Run to the Lord for refuge.
Set your life in the hands of the Lord.
Tell of His mercy and grace.

Love the Lord with all your heart.
Open your eyes to see His goodness.
Vainly we try to live our own lives.
Every day He hears our prayers.
Do unto the Lord good things.

My rock and my refuge is He.
Entrusted my life in His unfailing love.



I love Jesus

Written by Victoria


In my heart He will stay.

Love in Him will never change.
On the cross our sins were laid.
Very loving is His every word.
Everyday I pray to Him.

Just like Him I want to be.
Even in the hard times I still love Him!
Saved us on the cross He did.
Uncountable are His miracles!
Jesus is my Shepherd and I am His lamb.

14 comments:

McDonald Family said...

Those are so beautiful! You all have such a wonderful gift of poetry.
What a great idea for a blog name! That is so creative. I am excited to be watching for more entries!
:)love~ Mandy, for the family

Heather said...

What beautiful poetry! You are all so wonderful! Thank you for sharing. I can't wait to show the boys in the morning. Kyle, thank you so much for writing to Caleb. It meant so much to him. Lydia, we are so sad to hear about your lambs. We hope you are feeling comforted this week. You are in our prayers. We love you all so much!

Aunt Heather

Anonymous said...

I loved the poetry. It is so grown-up and mature. It is beautiful . I will look forward to seeing more.

Anonymous said...

These are such great poems! you are all very talented, and I had a great time reading these. I am very proud of all of you! I love you all very much and i can't wait to see you soon!

Love,
McKenna

Anonymous said...

Wow!! Those are wonderful poems. Unbelievable! You are very talented!

I love you guys sooooo much and ill see you soon!!! I love you very much!!! Love cassidy

The Bowes Family said...

Dear Mr. and Mrs. McDonald, Ashley, Mandy, Ryan and Grant,

Thanks so much for your note of encouragement! We are excited to post more entries! We hope to put pictures on with them too! Thanks again for writing! With much love back to you!

The Bowes Family


Dear Uncle Kevin, Aunt Heather, Caleb, Nathaniel and Emma,

We loved your note! Thank you for your uplifting and comforting thoughts and for your prayers. We love you all so much too!

Your Mossyrock Family


Quad Granny,

We love your creativity! And we LOVE YOU! Thanks so much for your sweet comments.

Waiting anxiously for your visit,
Your beloved neighbors:)

Sweet McKenna and Cassidy,

We so loved both of your notes! Thank you so much for your kindness and thoughtfulness. You both are very talented too, and we are proud of YOU! And we love you both SOOOOOOOO much too . . infinity!

Can't wait to see you soon!

Uncle Teddy, Aunt Robyn, Lydia, Kyle, Caroline, Valerie, Victoria, Timothy, and Joseph (Did we forget anyone? :)

Anonymous said...

Those were so enjoyed by our whole family! We loved the words that you shared from your hearts they went straight to ours! You all have such a great gift in writing! Thanks so much for sharing! We were blessed! Vickie for the Adams family:)

Anonymous said...

Wow, the poems you wrote are sooooo well written! You all have an amazing talant! Keep up the "good stuff" and praise GOD all the while!

Willow Adams

The Bowes Family said...

Dear Mr. and Mrs. Adams and Willow,

We sure enjoyed receiving your sweet comments. Your heartfelt words are very encouraging to us. Thank you so much for taking the time to write to us! You are a blessing to us! We will keep on praising the Lord with you!

The Bowes Family

Anonymous said...

Bowes and Arrows,

Your poems were so awesome. Not only the showing of your wonderful talent for poetry, but most of all showing your love of Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior . Thank you for presenting Him to us in His love, His forgiveness, and what a true shepherd He is to those who choose to follow Him. We love each of you.

The Jerke's.

The Bowes Family said...

"Grandpa and Grandma" Jerke,

It was so good to see you today! Thank you for stopping by and blessing us with all the sweet treats! Your cookies were scrumpdillyicious! We all enjoyed them very much! And we especially loved your hugs:)

Thank you too for the lovely comments you left for us here. What a blessing! We love you!

The Bowes Bunch

Ted and Karen said...

G randkids
R eally
A re
M y
M ost
I nteresting,
E ntertaining,

A rtistic,
N ice,
D elightful

P eople
A bsolutely
P ositively
A mazing!

How's that for a bunch of acronyms?

We loved reading all your writings!
Love, Grammie and Papa

Ted and Karen said...

I guess what we wrote was actually one large acrostic and not an acronym.
Love, G & P

The Bowes Family said...

Dearest Grammie and Papa,

We loved your acrostic! Good job! Thank you for making us feel so special!

Glad you enjoyed the poems! Stay tuned for more:)

Thanks so much for the Valentine's Day cards! We sure enjoyed them!

We love you very much!

Lydia, Kyle, Caroline, Valerie, Victoria, Timothy, and Joseph