Tuesday, February 19, 2008

His Great Mercy

by Lydia
His great mercy has set me free,
It is His own pleasure that I can see.
He has heard my every cry,
So very grateful for His love am I.
He cast my cares away,
And brightened up my every day.
The Lord is a shelter for me,
A tower of strength against the enemy.
By His pleasure I live another minute,
His creation is beautiful . . . I am blessed to be in it.
I am lost, deep in His love,
So many wonderful things He sent me from above.
I can’t believe He died for me,
I have done nothing to deserve Him, you see.
The Glorious One holds my life by a thread,
I owe Him everything, for He rose from the dead.
So many people in this world, and yet He cares for me,
So many still, I feel as though I’m tiny as a flea.
But what God sees is not me, but my problems small,
For He made the plan and can conquer all.
The problems of the world I will never fear,
Because I know that God Almighty is near!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

My dear Lydia,

Your poetry is beautiful. Perhaps you should write your poetry in a book that you will keep forever and ever so you can show your children and grandchildren. Your siblings can do this as well as you are all so talented. It is such a blessing to know that my grandchildren know the Lord as not just King of Kings, but as their Savior as well. Many of my friends do not have this assurance and are very concerned about seeing their loved ones again after their passing. Your poetry is beautiful and your ability certainly seems to surpass your young tender years!!!

The Bowes Family said...

Dearest Meemom,

Thank you so much for your sweet and encouraging comments! You brightened up my day immensely! I will write my poems in my journal to save for my children and grandchildren. You are such a kind and thoughtful person, and I am so blessed by the Lord to have you as my Meemom! I love and miss you so very much!

Love,
Lydia

LEE said...

Hi Miss Lydia,
What a talent you have. I am saving every post you kids make. What a treasure that will be.

When I read what you write my heart beams with pride. No Grandpa could have a Granddaughter as blessed as you are.

Love you big bunches!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Grandpa

The Bowes Family said...

Hi Grandpa!

You've inspired me to keep on writing! Thanks for the encouragement! Melvin Zwick has been a good teacher :)


Thanks so much for the comments! We love it!

Love you!

Lydia

Anonymous said...

Dear Lydia,

I am a very good friend of your Grandma Snelling. Your poem is beautiful and shows you have a personal relationship with our Lord Jesus Christ.

May God bless you.

The Bowes Family said...

Dear Anonymous :)

Thank you so much for your comments. Your words of encouragement were really a blessing to me. Yes, I love my Savior and Lord very much. It is a joy to know that you love Him too! May He bless you in a special way today for the blessing you have been to me and my family!

With love,

Lydia

Anonymous said...

Dear Lydia,
this poem really blessed me!
Your heart expressed such joy in Jesus and proclaimed the work He did on the cross to set our captive hearts free. You are right. He is our all in all. He is our hope.
Thank you for sharing your heart of love for Him.
Love,
Mrs. Eagle