Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Thanks Be To God! ~ Part 2

Kyle is thankful for . . .

  • Trials, such as Mommy’s aneurism and losing my baby sister, Susannah. These hard times strengthen us in the Lord and show His sovereignty as He gives and takes away.
  • Our freedom to homeschool.
  • Being able to be loved by a perfect and awesome Creator even as a sinful person.
  • My baseball team and being able to be a light to them.
  • Our freedom to worship.
  • All the wonderful Christian leaders in the world.
  • Being in God’s plan.
  • Parents who teach us in the ways of the Lord.
  • The freedom to pray.
  • My siblings.
  • Being homeschooled.
  • Being with such a wonderful family.
  • This house and a Daddy who works hard to keep us in a warm house.
  • My yellow lab, Danny.

Lydia is thankful for . . .

  • All of our wonderful grandparents, and all the many things they’ve done for me.
  • All our aunts and uncles and cousins who are so fun to be around.
  • All the wonderful friends God has blessed us with.
  • The blessing of Mr. Dennis, the kind man who sold back the lambs to me.
  • The amazing blessing of my new lambs.
  • For Allie and the puppies she’s expecting.
  • All of the wonderful music God helped people to create.
  • The freedom to worship God freely, without persecution.
  • For the way Daddy works so hard to provide for all our needs, and encourage, teach, and train us in the Lord.
  • For how Mommy has taught us so many lessons in how to cook, clean, and take care of babies.
  • For how God led us to a good church, where I can bring cookies each Sunday.
  • For all the wonderful people we have met in our church.
  • For all of my sweet sisters and brothers who have always been there for me, and play all sorts of games with me.
  • God’s enduring care and protection over us during this year.
  • Our sweet sewing teacher who taught us so much this year!
  • Our sweet piano teacher who has been so loving and fun to learn from this year!

Victoria is thankful for . . .

  • My goat, Faith.
  • Our house.
  • My sweet mother who is so patient with me.
  • The Bible that teaches God’s word.
  • All my sisters and brothers.
  • Our clothes and food that supply us everyday.
  • My father who takes us on fun trips and works so hard everyday.
  • Our tribulations and trials.
  • Our sweet grandparents.
  • Our church.
  • The loss of life that teaches us that God is in control.
  • All the pretty flowers that brighten our days.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is very inspiring to read your comments on what you are thankful for. You are right on and you have mentioned the VERY important things in life.

Your daddy is not only a fun daddy, but works so very hard to provide a nice home and every need for you. Your Mommy exudes more patience than I have ever seen in any one person. Together they are doing such a great job of raising you in the way and truth of the Lord. And how lucky we are to have an awesome God and to live in a country where there is freedom of worship. As I see it, the Bowes family is extremely lucky to have so many sweet and wonderful children who genuinely seem to care deeply for one another.

And yes, the animals and baseball are secondary, but they are such a blessing too!!!! Much, love, Meemom

The Bowes Family said...

Hi Meemom!

Wow, what an encouragement you are to us! Thank you so much for adding your "thankful-for" comments!

We are so thankful for the blessing you are to us!

We love you sooooo much!

Kyle, Lydia and Victoria, for all of us:)

Anonymous said...

I thank God for each of you!!

You all have inspired me in your faith to begin to share my faith in a blog. Gabriel helped me create a website with a blog where I am seeking God's help to proclaim His goodness and faithfulness. I am even trying some more poetry......your influence.
Thank you for your friendship!
Love,
Mrs. Eagle

The Bowes Family said...

Hi Mrs. Eagle!

Thanks so much for your gracious comments and for YOUR frienship! We are glad to hear that you have started a blog! We look forward to seeing it!

YOU are such an encouragement to us and a special blessing to our family!

With much love,

The Bowes Bunch