Monday, April 14, 2008

A Great Start to the Season!

By:
One Happy Baseball Player!



My Mossyrock majors team kicked off our season with a tournament this past Saturday and Sunday. It was so fun!

We won all three of our “seeding” games on Saturday (11-1; 2-1 in the second extra inning; 13-1). I got a chance to pitch in the third game for three innings. With God’s help, I struck out 5, walked none, and allowed one run.

Then on Sunday we got a bye in the first round since we were seeded #1. We won our first game 8-2 to make it to the championship game.

We played Napavine for the Championship, and since it was at Napavine it was like a home game for them. We won the coin toss, though, and were home team in that way. In the first inning we jumped ahead by scoring three runs. We added one run in the second; then held them scoreless till the top of the fifth, when they scored one on a throwing error. In the top of the 6th, Napavine loaded the bases with two outs. Their “giant” clean-up hitter got a double, but we were able to hold the runner at third so only two runs scored. Then Shawn, our pitcher, struck out the next batter for the 4-3 win! Our team went wild!

9 comments:

LEE said...

WOW Mr. Kyle,
You are the man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bet you are delighted to start the baseball season again. Three innings strike out 5 walk none and one run. Rendy Johnson should do as well.

In my dreams I am catching for my Grandson. My hand is still hurting from catching you fast ball.

Love you more that all the strikes that have been noted since baseball began.

Grandpa

Anonymous said...

Hey Kyle, that is so exciting! Congratulations! It sounds like your team has a new star pitcher and I am sure that you will all have a super baseball season. How fun!

Keep me posted how you are doing and how your season is going. Please say hi to everyone for us. God bless, Mr. Miller

Anonymous said...

How exciting!!!!!

Good job Kyle! we can just imagine it. Not only are you a hero in your family, but out on the playing field as well. ;)

Love,
the Eagle family

Anonymous said...

That's so awesome!

Ted and Karen said...

Hey Kyle bud,
You are amazing! I love to hear about your baseball games. I know no one has to tell you to practice, practice, practice. I remember being the catcher for you and when I missed one of your fastballs it almost took my leg off :-)
I have been watching the dbacks on the internet tonite since it was not televised here. The big unit pitched almost as well as you but gave up 3 runs. They are having a tough 7th inning right now. 4-4
Love you, Papa

Anonymous said...

That's awesome Kyle! I love baseball! Congratulations!

The Bowes Family said...

Dear Grandpa,

Yes, I can't express my happiness that our baseball season has started after all the long cold practices! It's gonna be fun!:):)

Sorry about your hand! I'll go easy on it next time.:]


Love,
Kyle

The Bowes Family said...

Dear Mr. Miller,

Thank you for the comment and for playing baseball with us while you were here!

I love your ministry!

Love,

Kyle


Dear Mrs. Eagle,

Thank you so much for your comment. I don't know about being a hero, but sure do have a lot of fun:)

Love,

Kyle




Dear Casey and Lainee,

I enjoy hearing from you! Thanks for the comments!
P.S. By the way, Casey, we are curious about how you got your nickname?

Kyle

Dear Papa,

I always enjoy playing baseball with you! I'll look forward to that this summer!

I watched the d-backs win today! Yeah!

Love you!

Kyle

Anonymous said...

Hey guys!
That's really cool. I'm doing softball. I'm om the D-Backs.
See ya later!
Lainee