Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Once Again

"He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God."
Psalm 40:3a


Yesterday was what would have been our sixth child's sixth birthday! It is hard to believe it has been six years since that fateful day when our precious baby, Susannah Patience, was called to her heavenly home to be in the arms of her Creator.

As I pondered this day in my heart, once again, I was reminded of God's goodness. He filled my heart and mind with good things, one of them being this song:

ONCE AGAIN


Jesus Christ, I think upon Your sacrifice,
You became nothing, poured out to death.
Many times I've wondered at Your gift of life,
And I'm in that place once again.
I'm in that place once again.

CHORUS:
And once again I look upon the cross where You died,
I'm humbled by Your mercy and I'm broken inside.
Once again I thank You, once again I pour out my life.

VERSE 2:
Now You are exalted to the highest place,
King of the heavens, where one day I'll bow.
But for now, I marvel at this saving grace,
And I'm full of praise once again.
I'm full of praise once again.

Thank You for the cross,
Thank You for the cross,
Thank You for the cross, my Friend.

Words and Music by Matt Redman
� 1995 Kingsway's Thankyou Music


And I was also filled with gratitude to Him for the faith building experience He allowed when He chose to continue life for Joseph and I a year and a half ago. This has helped me so much in fully embracing His sovereignty!


"Who can speak and have it happen if the Lord has not decreed it? Is it not from the mouth of the Most High that both calamities and good things come?"
Lamentations 3:37-38


So, once again, I rejoice and bless His name, resting in the Truth that my Sovereign Lord loves me so much and truly works ALL things together for my good!


Blessed Be Your Name

by Matt Redman

Blessed Be Your Name
In the land that is plentiful
Where Your streams of abundance flow
Blessed be Your name
Blessed Be Your name


When I'm found in the desert place
Though I walk through the wilderness
Blessed Be Your name
Every blessing You pour out
I'll turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in, Lord
Still I will say

Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your glorious name
Blessed be Your name

When the sun's shining down on me
When the world's 'all as it should be'
Blessed be Your name
Blessed be Your name

On the road marked with suffering
Though there's pain in the offering
Blessed be Your name

Every blessing You pour out
I'll turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in, Lord
Still I will say

Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your glorious name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your glorious name

You give and take away
You give and take away
My heart will choose to say
Lord, blessed be Your name

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cannot believe that it has been six years since we lost Susannah.
It was so hard at that time to understand "why", but we do know that God is soverign and some things we just do not understand.

I thank the Lord every day for saving Mommy Bowes and Joseph on that October day. I too, believe God's hand was there directing the events of that day and will forever be grateful.

These two events definitely had constrasting outcomes so far as our emotional responses, but I will still try and remember:

"All things work together for good to them that love God" Romans 8:28

Love you all so much, Meemom

The Bowes Family said...

Thanks, Mom, for your sweet comments. I am so grateful that you have been there for us through it all! I love you, Robyn

Anonymous said...

Robyn thank you for sharing your heart! You really touched mine! I thank God for such a loving and faithful friend who always shows her love and dedication to our father no matter what the circumstance may be! Thank you for your example to my life! Love,Vickie

Anonymous said...

Robyn,
this was such a powerful testimony to God's sovereign grace. Thank you for praising God and sharing it with us as you remember and reflect. I remember, with you, and give God praise for the "new song of praise" He has put in your heart. ;)

You have dealt well with Your servant, O Lord according to Your word. Psalm 119:65

Love you all,
Kim

The Bowes Family said...

Hi Vickie,

Thanks for sharing YOUR heartfelt thoughts!

I thank God for the Godly example you are to me! Your friendship is such a blessing in my life.

With love,

Robyn

The Bowes Family said...

Thanks Kim for the blessing you are to me today, and six years ago, when you were there for us that fateful day. You were amazing! I will always be grateful for how the Lord orchestrated YOU being there for the kids. You gave so lovingly and sacrificially in our time of need. We love you all, Robyn

AZDonna said...

Robyn and family,

I haven't been on your blog in over a week ... I'm in Boise at Robin's right now.

I'm amazed it has been 6 years since Susannah died. I've been studying Randy Alcorn's book on Heaven, and have such a different and amazing perspective on heaven now. Susannah will get to experience all the things she missed out on here when the new heaven and the new earth come down from above. Not just streets of gold, but butterflies and ballerinas and waterfalls and roller coasters and baby dolls and puppies and singing "Jesus Loves Me" right at His feet! It's a great book and I hope you get a chance to read it. I was so encouraged to learn that the new earth will be like God intended THIS earth to be.

May your hearts be comforted and lifted up because you KNOW what lies ahead. Blessed be His Name!

The Bowes Family said...

Hi Donna! Thanks for the note! Glad to hear you're in Boise, enjoying your dear ones there. I bet ya'll are having a ton of fun! will look forward to hearing about it!

You are the second person that has mentioned the book "Heaven" to me in a week. It is interesting, also, as I have been thinking lots more about heaven lately. I think I need to check it out! Thanks too for the comforting words:)

Lots of love,

Robyn